Being positive is an art to be practiced every day in the journey of parenting. It becomes more challenging to pursue that art when you have a child with autism.
I am PriyaM mother of two adorable boys Krish & Girish who are 13 and 9 respectively. Girish, our younger son is diagnosed with autism. Me & my hubby raise our kids in the USA.
The journey so far has been mixed emotions. The story of Girish’s diagnosis can be read here.
This blog is all about “Positive approach to autism”
I always believe in being positive. A positive environment and approach lead to happy kids. Thanks to my hubby and dad of Krish & Girish who also trusts a lot in maintaining optimism.
We have been in the world of autism for the past 8 yrs. It’s been up’s and down’s throughout the journey. Whenever there is a meltdown for no apparent reason or we see no progress at all for months, I am depressed for days together.
However, that was all in the past. Not that I don’t get sad now, but I overcome quickly…Click here to know How/Who changed me?
You might find a plethora of websites, blogs related to autism. There are so many resources too in the world of social media where we vent out or read a caregiver’s story that we can relate to. However, I am always in search for a platform that will hold my finger and walk with me calmly guiding me, without judging me but at the same time giving a pat on my back to motivate me as I am working for my younger son’s progress. Thus, I came up with this blog.
Raising a child with autism is one of the most challenging responsibilities any parent can face.
— Positive Parenting for Autism, Victoria Boone MA BCBA
I will provide guidance, encouragement with tips and tools based on my experiences that will inspire you to come out of your isolation and look at your child with a new ray of hope.
Empower and Inspire
- Through this blog, I aspire to empower and uplift parents, caregivers who seem to be lost after the diagnosis of their child.
- My blog will help you face the challenge of your child’s progress without being intimidated.
- With numerous therapies, learning strategies and tools used for Girish’s progress, I will share my experiences and challenges with the hope that you will benefit and get awareness to embrace autism.
- Here, you will find information on-
- The special needs education system in the USA
- ABA-Applied Behavior Analysis therapy
- Details of strategies that have worked for Girish and much more.
My blog will make a difference in your world!
I would love to know how are you dealing with your child’s diagnosis. Has it changed your attitude in any way? Please share it with me.
Always remember – Give yourself a pat on the back. You are doing an awesome job.