Being positive is an art to be practiced every day in the journey of parenting. It becomes more challenging to pursue that art when you have a child with autism.
I am PriyaM mother of two adorable boys Krish & Girish who are 12 and 8 respectively. Girish, our younger one is diagnosed with autism. Me & my hubby raise our kids in the USA.
The journey so far has been mixed emotions. The story of Girish’s diagnosis can be read here.
What is a “Positive approach to autism”?
I always believe in being positive. A positive environment and approach lead to happy kids. Thanks to my hubby and dad of Krish & Girish who also trusts a lot in maintaining optimism.
We have been in the world of autism for the past 7 yrs. It’s been up’s and down’s throughout the journey. Whenever there is a meltdown for no apparent reason or we see no progress at all for months, I am depressed for days together.
However, that was all in the past. Not that I don’t get sad now, but I overcome quickly…Click here to know How/Who changed me?
You might find a plethora of websites, blogs related to autism. There are so many resources too in the world of social media where we vent out or read a caregiver’s story that we can relate to.
However, I am always in search for a platform that will hold my finger and walk with me calmly guiding me without judging me but at the same time giving a pat on my back to motivate me as I am working for Girish’s progress. Thus, I came up with this blog. I hope to provide guidance, encouragement with tips and tools based on my experiences that will inspire you to come out of your isolation and look at your child with a new ray of hope.
Empower and Inspire
- Through this blog, I aspire to empower and uplift parents, caregivers who seem to be lost after the diagnosis of their child.
- My blog will help you face the challenge of your child’s progress without being intimidated.
- With numerous therapies, learning strategies and tools used for Girish’s progress, I will share my experiences and challenges with the hope that you will benefit and get awareness to embrace autism.
- Here, you will find information on-
- The special needs education system in the USA
- ABA-Applied Behavior Analysis therapy
- Details of strategies that have worked for Girish and much more.
My blog will make a difference in your world!
I would love to know how are you dealing with your child’s diagnosis. Has it changed your attitude in any way? Please share it with me.
Always remember – Give yourself a pat on the back. You are doing an awesome job.